March 29, 2012

Swimming Eagle of Baton Rouge

Hello world!  

For the handful of you out there who read my blog, I am sorry to have been MIA lately.  I have been very busy building my Shaklee business and just haven't had the time or energy for blogging.  All is going well here in the mountains of Colorado.  The snow has melted and I can actually see my garden now.  I was quite thrilled to see that my spinach overwintered and new leaves are starting to sprout.  It is still too early to plant anything here for fear of a late spring snow storm, so I will wait until late May to begin the garden.  I am so ready!  We don't have a greenhouse yet, and very little space in our house to start seedlings, so I will be focusing mainly on seeds that can be sown directly into the ground this year.  However, I do have to try some tomatoes and actually should start planting those seeds indoors now.  Call me a glutton for punishment, but I just love homegrown tomatoes and am determined every year to grow them!

I wanted to share with you a most amazing video I received in an email this morning.  A family in my hometown of Baton Rouge, LA captured a bald eagle fishing for a dead nutria in a lake.  This is one of the most awesome things I have seen in a long time.  Mother Nature is truly spectacular.  I hope you enjoy!


1 comment:

tymock said...

greeetings,
Tried to find an email but can't seem to be able to-
Im on the hunt for a dog chewing on a stick for a fundraiser idea to try to save a no kill animal shelter.
Saw you had some from back in 2010. Would I be able to use the picture? Unfortunately I would be able t pay for it.

Powered By Blogger